This is from a great website that you should check out. Last year was the second photo contest on this site, WeLoveBirds.org. The photos get better every year.
Welcome to the 3rd WeLoveBirds.org photo contest! Welovebirds.org boasts nearly 32,000 member-contributed photos, and the collection only grows week after week, and the collection is growing daily.
To participate in the WeLoveBirds.org photo contest, please read the Terms and Conditions, and then submit your ONE photo. We will be accepting photos up until April 29; then community voting will take place from May 3 to May 7. Winners will be announced on May 9. The contest is open to members of WeLoveBirds. If you are not yet a member, we invite you to become one. It’s free and easy – just visit the homepage and click to join.
Photo Submission Instructions – PLEASE READ
• Send your wild bird photo (one per member) to Welovebirdsphotocontest@gmail.com as an attachment
• The subject line of your email will be displayed as the title of your photo
• Write your WeLoveBirds user name in the body of the email, and a caption if you wish
• Photo may not exceed 10MB in size, accepted file types: .jpg, .gif, and .png
• Email email@example.com with any questions
• Final judging will take place within the community. NRDC and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology will select the top 100 photos, and the top ten will be determined by community voting. All members will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite photo. In the event of any ties, NRDC and the Lab will break the tie in their sole discretion.
• The winning selections will be posted online after the close of the voting period. Winners will also be notified via email.